When you are seeking God’s will for your life, you need to understand one very important thing—God is not obligated to reveal Step 2 until you’ve done Step 1.
Maybe you keep saying, “I want to know God’s will for my career/marriage,” and God says, “Let’s get to the basics. Are you reading your Bible? Are you in a small group? Are you tithing? Are you talking with me?”
He wants you to start doing what you already know to be the revealed will of God for your life before he tells you what else to do.
So, are there any things God has told you to do but you haven’t done them yet? Why is that the case? The truth is, you’re not waiting on God; he’s waiting on you.
Please don’t wait another week or another year to do what God has already told you to do.
What are you waiting for?
Ecclesiastes 5:4 says, “When you make a promise to God, don’t delay in following through, for God takes no pleasure in fools”
(NLT). Don’t delay. Do what you already know to do.
Pray this prayer today: “Lord, I need your guidance in my life. I ask in faith that you direct me. Help me to listen for your response, to not get so busy that I can’t hear you. Father, when I don’t understand it, help me to trust you and understand that you have a path that is for my good. God, what’s my next step? Help me to do what I already know I should do. Help me to not get frustrated. Help me to not be fearful but to trust in you. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.” Talk It Over
- How are you doing with the basics of what God wants you to do? Are you reading your Bible? Are you talking to him in prayer? Are you in a small group?
- What has God told you to do that you haven’t done yet? What is keeping you from doing it?
- How can you adapt the prayer above to match your specific situation?
CLASSES & STUDIESSundays
- Sunday School with Debbie Woodard at 9:00am on Zoom.
Meeting ID: 852 143 427
- Children’s lesson videos can be accessed each Sunday on our Facebook page.
- Sunday morning service will continued to be live streamed on Facebook for those unable to be with us in the church building.
- Youth Group with Elizabeth Hunter on Zoom (please contact Elizabeth if you need the access information).
- Wednesday Night Bible Study with Debbie Woodard, 6:30 pm on Facebook Live.
- Prayer and Bible Study with Richard Baisden at 7pm on Zoom.
Meeting ID: 968 0414 4773
- Given that Davidson County is still in Phase 2, all exercise classes have been cancelled. When we return to Phase 3, a decision will be made for reopening the classes.
- Uncommon Grounds: In addition to the weekly hours, Chuck will now be opening the coffee shop from 8:00am until 12:00PM on Sunday mornings. The coffee shop will also be open to the community during this time, and we will live stream the service on a TV. Please, support the coffee shop ministry by stopping by before or after service for a coffee or tea.
- Please continue your faithful giving through Givelify, Paypal or mailing of your checks.
- Church Board Meeting - Sunday, July 19th at 4:00PM at the church. We will also have Zoom available for members who are unable to be in the building.