This Saturday there will be a memorial service to honor Debbie McClintoch. This will be a family only service given the restrictions from COVID-19. Rhonda Emanuelson is organizing a meal for the family after the service. We are requesting for people to bring a side dish or dessert on Saturday, July 11 between 12 and 1pm. If you have any questions, please contact Rhonda Emmanuelson. Debbie was such a blessing to our church and we thank you in advance for blessing Debbie's family during this difficult time. We ask that you continue to pray for her family.
We are so excited for the Saddler family as they welcomed their second son on July 3. They are home now, so let's help make the first few weeks with a new baby a bit easier by providing some meals. If you would like to bless the Saddler family by providing a meal (can be home cooked or take out) please use this link
to sign up or contact Deanna Boorsma.
Maria & Justin also welcomed a precious baby this week. Maria attended Old Hickory Nazarene many years ago as a teenager. Justin has done some landscaping work for Pastor Mike recently, and he was able to connect with them both. Deanna is organizing a diaper and wipe drive for the couple. If you would like to donate diapers or wipes, please drop them off at the church, or contact Deanna Boorsma to arrange to drop them off. CLASSES & STUDIESSundays
- Sunday School with Debbie Woodard at 9:00am on Zoom.
Meeting ID: 852 143 427
- Children’s lesson videos can be accessed each Sunday on our Facebook page.
- Sunday morning service will continued to be live streamed on Facebook for those unable to be with us in the church building.
- Youth Group with Elizabeth Hunter on Zoom (please contact Elizabeth if you need the access information).
- Wednesday Night Bible Study with Debbie Woodard, 6:30 pm on Facebook Live.
- Prayer and Bible Study with Richard Baisden at 7pm on Zoom.
Meeting ID: 968 0414 4773
OLD HICKORY FOOD PANTRY
The Food Pantry will serve the 37138 area, and will be opening on July 14. Ruth Inzer UMC will be partnering with us. Thank you those who have already been generously donating to the panty! You can continue to bring donations of food to the church office (we are in greatest need of canned meat). We currently have two volunteers serving each Tuesday and Thursday, however we would gladly add one additional volunteer during these times if you are interested. We are in greatest need of Wednesday night volunteers starting on July 15, and every Wednesday night to follow. If interested, please sign up with a pew card on Sunday morning or email Pastor Mike
. OLD HICKORY NAZARENE WELCOMES NEW CHILDREN'S DIRECTOR, MADI MALONE
We are excited to welcome Madi Malone to the Old Hickory Nazarene family as she joins us as our Children's Director. Madi is a student at Trevecca and is looking forward to working with our children. She will begin with us when Trevecca resumes school in August. UNCOMMON GROUNDS
In addition to the weekly hours, Chuck will now be opening the coffee shop from 8:00am until 12:00pm on Sunday mornings. The coffee shop will also be open to the community during this time and we will live stream the service on a TV. Please support the coffee shop ministry by stopping by before or after service for a coffee or tea. ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Please continue your faithful giving through Givelify, Paypal or mailing of your checks.
- There are many Work Projects available here at the church. If you are unable to help and would like to make a donation to hire one of our teens to help around the church. Please see Pastor for more information.
- Due to Level 2 of re-opening back in place, there will be no exercise classes at the church until further notice. When we return to Phase 3, a decision will be made for reopening the classes.
- Church Board Meeting - Sunday, July 19th at 4:00PM at the church. We will also have Zoom available for members who are unable to be in the building.