Good Morning Church Family!
This Sunday is a very special day, Mother's Day. It is a celebration honoring the mother of the family, as well as motherhood and the influence of mothers. The first holiday was celebrated in 1908, in Grafton, WV when Ann Jarvis held a memorial for her mother at St. Andrew's Methodist Church. We have continued this celebration in modern time. It definitely is one of my favorites. I honor my mother, and the ones who have influenced my life as a mother myself. To all mothers, Happy Mother's Day!
We hope everyone is doing well this week. We are listening to Governor Lee's House of Worship Guidance. Please continue to pray for all of our service people involved and on front lines, for everyone who has recovered, and all that are ill.
Our schedule for this week is a little different. On Wednesday, Debbie Woodard has her Bible Study
at 5:30 PM (note new time) and Elizabeth will do a Bible Study for the youth
at 6:30 PM. On Thursday there will be a Church Board meeting at 6:30 PM on Zoom. There will be no devotional or time of prayer. Sunday at 10:00 AM, Pastor Mike will finish his series on Faith
. The scripture reference is Hebrew 11:6-30. Consider hosting a Watch Party. Just go to the Share icon and click on Watch Party.
Continue to pray for our church and our finances. We appreciate your faithfulness in this time. You can give on Givelify, Paypal or mail a check
We have some prayer requests for this week.
- Pastor Mike, Kelly, Terry and Todd: assurance and guidance
- Church finances
- Former FL DS, Roy Rogers: back
- Chris's friend Karen: kidneys and a heart attack
- Rochelle and John: Rochelle is getting a portable O2 machine, John is retired now
- Phoebe Hughes: stroke, pray for healing and strength for Sharron
- Jobless and needy people within our opportunities of ministries
- Ruby and Don, Stan and Bev, Fannies sister, Kenneth and Betty
- Debbie Mcclintoch: for all she is dealing with and prayers for good results on her tests today
- Kaatje Pitzer and Becky Riley: for their pregnancies.
We miss you all. Enjoy your family time and take this opportunity to come closer to our God. Have a blessed week, and send us kids pictures and videos.
Peace and Comfort, Pastor Mike and Kelly